While Richard has strong ties and maintains his legal practice in Louisville, he also has represented individuals throughout the state, again in both civil and criminal litigation. He is routinely referred cases by other attorneys in the state, as his reputation for hard work, honesty, and success in the courtroom have made him a trusted name not just to his clients, but other members of the Bar. Attorneys in the community were asked if they or a member of their family were in need of legal services, who would they choose? There can be no greater compliment than when other attorneys trust their family members to one of their peers. Richard was chosen amongst a select group of attorneys earning this distinction.
Awards, Distinctions, and Admissions:
- Special Justice to the Kentucky Supreme Court
- Louisville magazine Top Lawyer (2012, 2014, 2016)
- Argued successfully in the Kentucky Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of Kentucky
- Admitted to the United States District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Kentucky and the US Supreme Court
- 1985 – 88 Brandeis School of Law (University of Louisville): Served as president of the Moot Court Board, was a member of the Honor Council, and was a Book Award and Dean’s List recipient.